Affiliations that benefit your community
Newpoint’s Affiliation Practice advises hospitals and health systems in the not-for-profit and public hospital district sectors on the following matters:
- Affiliation strategy and transaction negotiation
- Formation of a High-Value Network (HVN)™ of hospitals incorporating a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN)
- Sale, member substitution, and minority interest transactions
- Board workshops on recommitment to independence
- Applications to Vatican for Alienation under Canon Law
- Preservation of Canonical Sponsorship in divestitures and partnerships
- Market development through affiliations and acquisitions
- Formation of Clinically Integrated Networks (CINs)
- Conversion from Municipal to 501(c)(3) status
The current turbulence of healthcare challenges the ability of hospitals and smaller systems to operate as freestanding units. But that doesn’t mean they have to abandon local autonomy to a sale or takeover. Newpoint has built a national reputation designing alternative alignments that protect local control while securing resources for continued excellence.
An affiliation based on Newpoint’s thesis of Enlightened Interdependence™ actually helps an organization preserve the essential elements of its Independence.
In those situations where the fiduciaries determine that securing resources needed to advance the organization’s mission requires a full merger, Newpoint has the experience to negotiate an arrangement that secures those resources while protecting what matters most. Newpoint applies its award-winning Community Objectives Process™ to guide its clients through the following steps, among others:
- Facilitate the discernment of their fiduciary goals
- Identify the most suitable partners for their organization and its stakeholders
- Design governance powers and post-transaction covenants to protect service lines and other mission essentials
- Embrace the input of internal and external stakeholders to promote buy-in for the ultimate decision
- Negotiate a definitive agreement that stays true to the original fiduciary goals.
Newpoint conducts the process with a discipline allowing the prompt completion of an effective transaction serving the best interests of the client and its community.